- Cheap intro offer – Web.com’s $1.95 offer includes a custom domain name. But the offer only lasts a month, and switches to $22.95/mo afterwards.
- Publish a site almost instantly – Web.com gives you an industry-specific template with free photos, headings, menus and other content, potentially saving a lot of time and hassle.
- 24/7 phone support – while Web.com’s other help options aren’t always too useful, we did like Web.com’s 24/7 phone support. It’s reassuring to know someone can answer your questions, whatever time zone you’re in.
- Overpriced plans – The full price of the cheapest Web.com best website builder is $22.95 per month, and there’s no free plan or free trial. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee, but we’ve read grim reports from users who’ve struggled to reach the refunds team.
- Messy customization tools – Very basic tweaks are easy in Web.com. But you want to get more creative, right? Good luck with that!
- Where are the templates? – You don’t get to browse templates before building your site in Web.com. Instead, you have to say what business you’re in, then choose from three matching layouts.